Avaya Coporate Head Office, ottawa
Base Building Upgrades & Tenant Improvements
This Manufacturing facility has been converted into 100,000ft² of open office space and clean room IT labs. A new mezzanine adds 21,000ft² to the building’s interior space.
Two feature stairs incorporating a “green wall” of living plants are bathed in natural light from an 85’ skylight installed in the middle of the building. Lundy also installed 23 large new windows, and, on one elevation, a 30’x25’ expanse of window wall.
The heating, ventilation, and lighting systems have been completely replaced with new energy-efficient equipment and a second floor washroom added. The building’s accessibility has been increased with the installation of a new elevator at the front entrance.
Contract Stipulated Price
Contract Start October 2011
Completion December 2012
- One of the key goals on this project was to bring more natural light into the building, an aesthetic enhancement that also reduces the environmental impact of the structure. Lundy researched innovative construction techniques to assist in the construction of the building’s window wall and re-engineered the skylight specifications to better achieve the project goals.
- The main mezzanine addition interfered with the existing mechanical/electrical service room. Lundy pulled down the walls of the original room, rerouting the systems, and then completed the mezzanine spanning overhead.
- After the new tenant had taken possession, plans were made to install a mezzanine for the new occupant’s exiting stairway. As the building was occupied by the time this addition to the work began, Lundy coordinated with the tenant to avoid interrupting operations.
- Scope increas with additional leashold improvements not in orginal GMP scope.
- Landlord/tenant split of recommissiong cost carried in FFE Budget outsitde of GMP.
Jeff Kubacki (613) 287-3449
Devencore Project Managment
Gary Griffiths (514) 392-1330 ext 229
Robert Matthews (613) 224-0095
Bob McKee (613) 723-9585
Cleland Jardine Structural Engineers
Mike Cleland (613) 591-1533
John Riddell (613) 254-9643
Douglas & Ruhland
Marietta Ruhland (613) 224-4744