Canadian Federation of Students Headquarters
This project included the extensive renovation and 10,000 SF addition to a downtown historical building. Located in the heart of Somerset Village, this building was completely rejuvenated with new Mechanical/Electrical systems, structural changes, new feature stairs, and completely upgraded finishes. The building remained occupied throughout the entire construction period.
Contract Lump Sum
Contract Start September 2008
Completion December 2009
Relevance to Project (Mandatory requirements)
- Excavation & Foundation Repair to Existing Heritage Buildings — Yes
- Heritage Building Experience — Yes
- General Contractor Performing Civil Works — Yes
- This project required Lundy as General Contractor, to do extensive civil work. Included in this effort was a new electrical service, which was brought underground hundred of feet up Somerset street.
- The new addition required underpinning of the existing foundations.
- The front entrance canopy structure was restored to period heritage specifications.
Canadian Federation of Students
Cole & Associates
David Cole (613) 728-0008
Cleland Jardine & Associates
Mike Cleland (613) 591-1533
Bob McKee (613) 723-9585
Joe Bennet (613) 727-0895