Reporting to the Director, Agile Projects, the Project Manager is accountable for project success and provides leadership to the LUNDY Project Leadership Team. Overall Project Accountability rests with the Project Manager including tracking the overall project progress and reporting back to the Owner. The individual is a proven leader, capable of managing project teams of five or more people and has excellent communication and organizational skills. He/she is capable of administering contract controls and costs, developing and maintaining construction scheduling, and delivering predictable results through a relationship of trust with the Project Stakeholders, including the client, consultants, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Accountable for progress reports to the Director, Agile Projects on all aspects of performance related to project construction implementation.
- Work directly with the Estimator to establish project budgets and may use the Estimating Department resources for tendering and budgeting of changes.
- Review and approve project invoices in a timely manner, interface with the Accounting department, and responsible for all cost control documentation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the LUNDY Project implementation team. Collectively the team is responsible to achieve the schedule and budgetary goals of the project.
- Follow all company procedures for the proper set up and startup of new projects; liaise with Estimating and Business Development to obtain and review all project information and become intimate with and fulfill all contract requirements; set project schedule and budgetary goals and finalize project procurement.
- Validate construction cost estimates; create the schedule of values for budget and progress billing; reconcile all costs and mitigate budget overruns; review labour and material budgets with Construction Leads regularly.
- Review and approve all Subtrade claims; review reports generated from accounting against project records to ensure accuracy and adjust cost to complete projections monthly; approve all project invoices.
- Ensure project cash flow adequately covers project costs; analyze risk and report monthly to V.P. Operations on project status.
- Develop and update the Master Project Schedule; create a suitable work breakdown structure and set realistic target dates and milestones; report on progress against plan including written notification of project schedule delays to secure Lundy’s rights under the terms of the contract and communicate schedule updates to the owner/consultants monthly.
- Manage the Prime Contracts; evaluate tender results; negotiate and award Subcontracts and Purchase Orders; integrate supplementary instructions (RFI/SI/CCN/CD), evaluate impact on budget and schedule; negotiate and approve COs.
- Prepare and maintain project risk registry; communicate and review project risks with Project Stakeholders regularly and in a timely manner; develop strategies for risk mitigation.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Project Stakeholders on all aspects of the project, including safety, quality, budget, schedule, risk, etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
- Post-Secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in the construction industry particularly field work is desired.
- Demonstrated success in effectively prioritizing tasks based on demand and deadlines and effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A track record that clearly demonstrates effective leadership when interacting with multiple external clients and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Fundamental understanding of project financial controls.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- General understanding and commitment to QA/QC policies and procedures as well as Health and Safety practices and requirements.
- Design/build experience is an asset.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior PM, Agile”. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MP Lundy Construction Inc, please visit our website at https://www.mplundy.com.