Reporting to the V.P. Construction, the Senior Project Manager is accountable for project success and provides leadership to the LUNDY Project Leadership Team. Overall Project Accountability rests with the Project Manager including tracking the overall project progress and reporting back to the Owner. The individual is a proven leader, capable of managing project teams of five or more people and has excellent communication and organizational skills. He/she is capable of administering contract controls and costs, developing and maintaining construction scheduling, and delivering predictable results through a relationship of trust with the Project Stakeholders, including the client, consultants, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Accountable for progress reports to the V.P. Construction on all aspects of performance related to project construction implementation
- Work directly with the Estimator to establish project budgets and may
use the Estimating Department resources for tendering and budgeting of changes.
- Review and approve project invoices in a timely manner, interface with the Accounting department, and responsible for all cost control documentation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the LUNDY Project implementation team. Collectively the team is responsible to achieve the schedule and budgetary goals of the project.
- Follow all company procedures for the proper set up and startup of new projects; liaise with Estimating and Business Development to obtain and review all project information and become intimate with and fulfill all contract requirements; set project schedule and budgetary goals and finalize project procurement.
- Validate construction cost estimates; create the schedule of values for budget and progress billing; reconcile all costs and mitigate budget overruns; review labour and material budgets regularly.
- Review and approve all Subtrade claims; review reports generated from accounting against project records to ensure accuracy and adjust cost to complete projections monthly; approve all project invoices
- Ensure project cash flow adequately covers project costs; analyze risk and report monthly to V.P. Construction on project status
- Develop and update the Master Project Schedule; create a suitable work breakdown structure and set realistic target dates & milestones; report on progress against plan including written notification of project schedule delays to secure Lundy’s rights under the terms of the contract and communicate schedule updates to the owner/consultants monthly
- Manage the Prime Contracts; evaluate tender results; negotiate and award Subcontracts and Purchase Orders; integrate supplementary instructions (RFI/SI/CCN/CD), evaluate impact on budget and schedule; negotiate and approve CO’s
- Prepare and maintain project risk registry; communicate and review project risks with Project Stakeholders regularly and in a timely manner; develop strategies for risk mitigation.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Project Stakeholders on all aspects of the project, including safety, quality, budget, schedule, risk, etc.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related experience
- Post-Secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
- Previous experience working in the construction industry particularly field work is desired
- Demonstrated success in effectively prioritizing tasks based on demand and deadlines and effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A track record that clearly demonstrates effective leadership when interacting with multiple external clients and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions
- Fundamental understanding of project financial controls
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General understanding and commitment to QA/QC policies and procedures as well as Health and Safety practices /requirements
- Design/build experience is an asset
- Committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills and progressive leadership style
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and strategies is an asset
- Strong mathematical and financial aptitude
- Experience with project or construction management software
- An ability to read, understand, interpret construction plans and specifications
- Must have excellent reading as well as writing skills
- Effective and collaborative communicator with the ability to develop productive working relationships with employees at all levels
- Results and solutions oriented individual
- Sense of urgency and drive to succeed. Must be comfortable working within a deadline driven fast paced environment
- Resourceful, energetic and well organize with the experience and proven ability to set and manage competing priorities
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently as required
- Driver’s license and the ability to travel to job sites
For more than 50 years, MP Lundy Construction has been providing exceptional service to our clients all across the Ottawa-Carleton area. We achieve project success through a combination of careful upfront planning, efficient communication, and client advocacy. We believe in empowering a team of carefully chosen individuals who thrive in a positive and close-knit company culture.
What We Offer
- Important, long-term career opportunities that clearly shape the success of our organization.
- A culture of genuine passion, drive, and team spirit.
- Support in your growth to become the best professional version of yourself.
- Competitive health benefits inclusive of RRSP matching program.
- Competitive total compensation and rewards.
- Awesome projects to work on.
If this job description excites you and speaks to your current development path, we would like to meet you. Please send your resume and cover letter to using “SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
MP Lundy Construction respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.