This position will provide overall on-site management, administrative and technical direction on construction project site. Enforce company and project policies and ensures project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Experience with buildings construction is a requirement.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the project quality program.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high-quality standards are maintained.
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team, ensuring project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervises field employees, making sure their work is planned and performed efficiently and makes sure their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- A minimum of 10 years of construction management experience with a heavy focus on buildings construction
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Experience in ICI is essential.
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead and evaluate trade performance is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others a must.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction techniques, practices and fundamentals.
- Experience with contract and subcontract management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work within a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management.
- Maintain valid Ontario (G) driver’s license.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Working computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
For more than 50 years, MP Lundy Construction has been providing exceptional service to our clients all across the Ottawa-Carleton area. We achieve project success through a combination of careful upfront planning, efficient communication, and client advocacy. We believe in empowering a team of carefully chosen individuals who thrive in a positive and close-knit company culture.
What We Offer
- Important, long-term career opportunities that clearly shape the success of our organization.
- A culture of genuine passion, drive, and team spirit.
- Support in your growth to become the best professional version of yourself.
- Competitive health benefits inclusive of RRSP matching program.
- Competitive total compensation and rewards.
- Awesome projects to work on.
If this job description excites you and speaks to your current development path, we would like to meet you. Please send your resume and cover letter to using “SITE SUPERINTENDENT” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
MP Lundy Construction respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.